Application Deadline: August 1st, 2018.
Ensemble Ipse is pleased to announce a String Quartet Call for Scores
Ensemble Ipse is a dynamic contemporary music ensemble dedicated to presenting recent music that transcends aesthetic categorization while striving to create a forum for composers which celebrates stylistic diversity.
We are seeking recent pieces composed for string quartet by composers of any age and at the early stages of their career. Up to three works will be selected for a concert of string quartet works on December 4th, 2018 at Areté Gallery in Brooklyn, NY. Works not selected will be kept on file for consideration for future concerts.
· All composers are eligible regardless of age, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
· Pieces should be no longer than 15 minutes in duration and must be composed for string quartet (two violins, viola, and cello; no subsets). Pieces featuring electronics are welcome.
· Although it is not required, we strongly encourage the chosen composer to travel to New York City for the concert. Ipse cannot provide travel or housing accommodations, but can provide letters of commitment if composers are applying for travel or other grants.
· Composers may submit up to three pieces for consideration.
· Email a score in PDF format for your piece(s).
· Fill this web form for EACH piece submitted.
· Provide a link where a recording/video of your piece can be reviewed. Live recordings are strongly suggested, although MIDI will be accepted. Please do not email MP3 files or audio files.
· Email a biography and resume.
· Make a payment of $10 on PayPal for EACH piece submitted. Please see our link below to process the PayPal payment.
All submissions must be received by August 1st, 2018. Selected composers will be notified by September 15th, 2018. Performance materials will be required by October 1st, 2018.