Application Deadline: March 1st, 2019.
Ensemble Ipse is pleased to announce a Call for Scores for our Performer Portrait Series: Margaret Lancaster, flutist/performer/actor
Ensemble Ipse is a dynamic contemporary music ensemble dedicated to presenting recent music that transcends aesthetic categorization while striving to create a forum for composers that celebrates stylistic diversity.
We are very pleased to be featuring renowned flutist Margaret Lancaster for this Performer Portrait concert; a series of concerts displaying our performers’ unique skills and talents. We are seeking recent pieces composed for solo flutesfrom composers of any age and at any stage of their career. Works may be written for piccolo, C, alto, and/or bass flute (one player), and may include interactive or fixed electronics, experimental performance art, or other theatrical disciplines, including spoken text, costuming, theatrical lighting, and scenic elements.
Up to three works will be selected for a concert of works in late Spring 2019 in New York City (venue and exact date TBA). Works not selected will be kept on file for consideration for future concerts.
· All composers are eligible regardless of age, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
· Pieces should be no longer than 15 minutes in duration and must be composed for solo flute (piccolo, C, alto, and/or bass flute). Pieces featuring interactive or fixed electronics are welcome (2 channels), as well as pieces featuring experimental performance art and other theatrical disciplines, including spoken text, costuming, theatrical lighting, and scenic elements. If MAX is to be used, all patches should be prepared as standalone applications.
· Although it is not required, we strongly encourage the chosen composers to travel to New York City for the concert. Ipse cannot provide travel or housing accommodations, but can provide letters of commitment if composers are applying for travel or other grants.
· Composers may submit up to three pieces for consideration.
All submission materials must be emailed to email@example.com. No paper submissions will be accepted. In addition, you must fill in this web form for EACH piece submitted.
· Email a score in PDF format for your piece(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Fill in this web form for EACH piece submitted.
· In your email, provide a link where a recording/video of your piece can be reviewed. Live recordings are strongly suggested, although MIDI will be accepted. Please do not email MP3 files or audio files.
· Email a biography and resume.
· Make a payment of $10 on PayPal for EACH piece submitted. Please see our page here to process the PayPal payment: http://www.ipsemusic.com/call-for-scores/
All submissions must be received by March 1st, 2019. Selected composers will be notified by March 15th, 2019. Performance materials will be required by March 28th, 2019.